WONDERING IF KOKODA HISTORICAL TREKS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Here are a few things you should consider when shopping around for your Kokoda or PNG tour.
Kokoda Historical specialises in the historical aspect of trekking the Kokoda Track and other significant areas of our wartime and social history.
- We are a licensed operator and have a Kokoda Track Operators License that allows us to operate on the Kokoda Track
- Our Historians live and breath the story of Kokoda and the shared wartime history of PNG. All the guides we employ are from the local areas of where we trek. They know the people and speak the language.
- All of our Australian Tour guides are either current serving members or ex-members of the Australian Defence Force and have first-hand experience not only of trekking but also of military history. We believe this not only gives us the practical experience in bush craft but also gives us an insight into what soldiers do.
- Kokoda Historical takes a personal interest in all of our trekkers and because we keep our groups small we are able to attend to individuals needs. Our group size is limited to a maximum of 12 trekkers.
- We have the support of many people within the veteran community and we are proud that Kokoda veterans take an interest in our trips.
- We offer a live tracking service of your tour online so that family and friends can follow the group.
- We have been approved for adventure training by the Australian Defence Force.
- We also spend a lot of time alongside the veterans taking school groups around the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway, Ferntree Gully and the Shrine of Remembrance.
- Market research shows that our treks are the best value for money and are affordable for all Australians.
- We are fully insured with $10 million public liability insurance. Our Duty of Care principles and regard for Client Safety are paramount. Subsequently we have never had need to use it.
- We practice responsible tourism, showing respect for the environment and respect for the cultural diversity of the Papuans.
- We are committed to sharing the true history of the New Guinea campaigns.