PNG Tourist Visa
In March 2014 PNG changed the visa application rules for Australian passport holders travelling to PNG. Now you must apply for your visa in advance of travel.
To do so you will need the following documents:
- Confirmed flight itinerary (copy of your eticket)
- Confirmation of your tour from Kokoda Historical
- One passport size photograph
- Application form - completed and signed
- Health screening form-completed and signed
- Self-addressed pre-paid express post envelope (if submitting by post)
The tourist visa is free but you must submit your passport and documents to the PNG High Commision to get the visa. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months after your intended date of travel. The advised processing time is 1-15 business days.
More information can be found online at http://www.pngcanberra.org/visas/
There is a PNG High Commission in Canberra and Consulates in Brisbane and Sydney.